Figures shown in the above table are representative values;these are not to be considered product specification
(1) Equivalent Weight (Weight per oxazoline equivalent : norvolatiles g/eq.) :Theoretical value
(2) Oxazoline groups amount (mmol/g,norvolatiles) :Theoretical value
(3) Calculated value
(4) Actual measurement
(5) Molecular weight (HPLC,g/mol) (6) N/A:not available
Model reaction of Oxazoline groups (Ethyl Oxazoline / Propionic acid)
Reactivity of the Oxazoline groups
Reaction with the carboxyl groups
- Reaction with carboxyl groups which is contained in most of waterborne polymers is regarded to have the highest reactivity.
- After the reaction with the carboxyl groups, stable amid ester bonding is formed. Any by-product will not be generated.
- Reaction with carboxyl groups proceeds rapidly at elevated temperature 80 °C to 100 °C.
- Reaction with carboxyl groups proceeds slowly at room temperature.
- Oxazoline groups have better reactivity with carboxyl groups than with epoxy groups.
- Oxazoline groups also react with aromatics such as thiol groups as well as phenol groups. But oxazoline groups cannot react with alcoholic hydroxyl groups.
Conditions on Reactivity:Etyhl oxazoline / Propionic acid = 1/1(mol/mol), solvent-free reaction
Phenyl glycidyl ether / Propionic acid = 1/1(mol/mol), solvent-free reaction
Method of analysis:Gas chromatography analysis
EPOCROS is a low toxic and highly safe crosslinker.
Legislation and Regulations (as of August 2021)
○*: Registered under limited tonnage
○**: Registered(need importer registration)
×: Not registered
Please refer to the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) that provides details of the safety of the product.